J.P. Carroll Fuel Company was founded in 1946 by John P. Carroll and his wife Marie. Originally a gas and service station, in 1952 they bought their first truck and began fuel delivery service. John pumped gas, provided service for vehicles and, with Marie watching the pumps, delivered heating oil to his growing customer base.
To service the needs of the local mill that operated three shifts John pumped gas from early in the morning to the late evening hours, often times eating meals (brought to him by Marie) while taking care of customers. In 1976 John’s son (also John) joined his father in the business after a distinguished 22 year career in the U.S. Air Force. After taking over the business in 1984, he oversaw construction of a fuel storage facility and truck garage, and rapidly expanded the business with a simple goal; “Put the customer first”.
The family tradition continues today with John’s children Lisa, Sean and Jim involved in all aspects of the business, operating by the values instilled in them by their grandfather and father. Our motto is “A Family Tradition of Loyal Service since 1946”, which we are proud to continue.
Over the years our employees have also been valued members of our team, each contributing to our growth while maintaining our focus on people first and providing the best possible customer service.